BlueOrchard was founded in 2001 by initiative of the UN as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide and has since evolved into a leading global impact investment manager. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth while providing attractive returns for investors. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, BlueOrchard has offices in Cambodia, Georgia, Peru, Kenya, Luxembourg, Singapore and Geneva. To date, the company has invested over USD 6bn across 80 emerging and frontier markets, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich, Switzerland as
Business Development Associate
As part of the business development team, you will work closely with the Head of Business Development and Senior Sales Professionals to support BlueOrchard’s growth strategy.
- Actively support the asset raising across all investor types together with senior team members;
- Support the team in the evaluation of new markets and investment solutions;
- Engage in client meetings together with the Head of Business Development and senior team members;
- Develop and actively manage your own sales pipeline;
- Achieve targeted revenue and new asset goals;
- Promote BlueOrchard’s range of funds and services in Switzerland and abroad.
Required skills and experience
- At least 1 to 3 years of relevant working experience in sales or business development, preferably in the fixed income space (background in impact investing appreciated);
- Excellent sales and communication skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English and German. Swiss German and/or French would be a plus;
- Master’s degree desirable in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or a CFA degree.
Your personal profile
- Proactive attitude and strong drive to develop senior level business relationships;
- Self-starter with strong work ethics and positive energy;
- Thrives under pressure while maintaining a high level of personal and professional integrity;
- Excellent team player, responsive and with a strong customer focus;
- Valid Swiss work permit.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter.
Deadline for application is 30 April 2019.