BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while aiming at providing attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested over USD 9.8bn across more than 90 countries. 245+ million underserved individuals and MSMEs in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of March 2022. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich or Geneva, Switzerland as
Senior Risk Officer & Head of Special Situations
- Oversee the strategy and implementation thereof for restructuring and workout of problem loans across regions.
- Coordinate closely with the Senior Risk, Credit Risk Monitoring and Investment Teams on the development of restructuring plans for problem loans, the delegation of responsibility across teams and regions and the execution of a cohesive strategy on behalf of BlueOrchard managed and advised funds.
- Continue to refine and build upon the BlueOrchard approach to problem loan restructuring leadership and representation in lender groups and steering committees.
- Contribute to the overall development and scaling of the Risk function within BlueOrchard.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in debt/leveraged finance with experience in emerging markets at a senior level.
- Demonstrable skills and track record relating to debt restructuring.
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills amongst internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable team leadership skills and experience managing and building a team.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and the ability to translate concepts for data management into operational processes.
- Excellent spoken and written English. German, French and/or Spanish are an advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment and the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- The ability and willingness to be part of a growing, fast paced and diverse team with members around the world.
Your personal profile
- A desire to learn, take constructive direction and assume significant responsibility from day 1.
- A person who thrives under pressure while maintaining a high level of personal and professional integrity;
- An excellent team player, responsive, well organized and able to manage both daily tasks and longer term value added projects at the same time and on deadlines;
- A valid Swiss work permit or the right to obtain one.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via our career website.
Deadline for application is 31.08.2022.