BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while aiming at providing attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested over USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 223 million poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of June 2021. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company.
Vice President Business Development – Germany
Reporting to BlueOrchard’s Global Head of Business Development you will serve as overall business developer, account relationship manager and strategic business partner for new and established account(s) across Germany.
You will be responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities within allocated account(s) to include developing and overseeing the sales strategy for assigned clients, managing the sales process and coordinating with other internal parties to ensure client satisfaction.
The focus will be on the German market and therefore the position is to be based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to BlueOrchard’s growth in supporting the company’s objectives and sales targets for the region;
- Work closely with the Business Development team to ensure continuity of messages to clients and provide guidance to team members to resolve client issues and questions;
- In conjunction with the Business Development team, develop and maintain a plan for the expansion of business in the respective accounts;
- Demonstrate cross functional collaboration with the other functions (i.e. Operations, Investment, Marketing & Communication) and Schroders’ sales team in the region;
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within accounts and develop deep knowledge of the account organizations;
- Identify and respond to client needs in order to define potential opportunities. Ensure appropriate strategy and solution is proposed to the client;
- Maintain high visibility within client organizations.
- Proven sales track record and negotiation skills;
- Proactive attitude and drive to develop senior level business relationships;
- Responsive and strong customer focus;
- Convey information in a clear, concise, and accurate manner;
- Strong detail and result orientation and an ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work with other Senior Executives to facilitate joint customer development;
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity in dealing with others. Work effectively with different types of people and other teams.
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and a higher level degree (Master or PhD, MBA) desirable in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or in a related field; CFA or CAIA designation will be considered a plus;
- Demonstrable competency (ideally 5+ years of experience) in sales or business development preferably for a Fund/Asset Manager or company providing services in the Finance/Investment industry;
- Previous experience in impact/ESG, private assets and/or Emerging Markets will be considered a plus;
- Proven track record of identifying and securing full service business in top tier accounts;
- Skilled in performing presentations and leading meetings;
- Fluent written and spoken English and German a must;
Your personal profile
- A flexible, adaptable and collaborative team player with a positive and “can do” attitude;
- Strong desire to work in the impact sphere;
- Creative and prepared to think outside the box; willing to take the initiative and to present solutions rather than problems;
- Thrives under pressure while maintaining a high level of personal and professional integrity;
- Clear desire and ambition for success, comfortable making decisions and prepared to make the personal commitment to ensure success.
Start date: ASAP
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2022
Please submit your application, including reference letter via https://www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/