BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while aiming to provide attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested more than USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 215 million poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2020. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing management company in Luxembourg City as
Product Management Officer (Investment Funds)
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for the different operational aspects of the funds´ lifecycle including but not limited to preparation of the financial statements, budgets, and forecasts, etc.
- Coordinate with external parties the process to open accounts (custody / transfer agent)
- Support in due diligence/AML processes
- Support the onboarding of investors, coordinating the process with the different parties involved
Administration and corporate governance:
- Ensure proper documentation and tracking of legal and corporate governance documents of the ManCo and the funds
- Corporate secretary/accounting support: prepare board meetings, take minutes and coordinate with the external service providers
- Work on ManCo procedures and process flowcharts, setting up operating memorandum with external service providers
- Participate to ongoing lifecycle of fund management: set-up and product changes
- Support in the ongoing monitoring of the delegated functions and related third party service providers (transfer agent, custodian banks, fund administrators, etc.)
- Monitor the ongoing activities of the transfer agent of the fund, especially the documents for end investors, track monthly inflow/outflow
- Monitor and coordinate the data dissemination with transfer agent and distribution platforms
Required skills and experience
- Good overview of Luxembourg ManCo industry, especially operational processes on Alternatives funds
- At least one year of relevant working experience in Fund management related business: management company, fund administrator or custodian bank in middle/back-office
- University degree with focus on economics, finance, or accounting
- Excellent written and spoken English (French and/or German languages will be considered as an advantage)
- Ability to clearly structure content, processes, and communication
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills using Excel and Word.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
Your personal profile
- Proactive, result-driven, flexible with “hands-on” approach
- Interest for Microfinance/Impact fund management
- Team player with ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with strong work ethics and positive energy
- Reliable and committed
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter through our careers website https://www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/.
Deadline for application is 15 December 2021.