BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while aiming to provide attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested more than USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 215 million poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2020. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich, Switzerland as
IT Technical Support Analyst
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Support and maintain the Desktop platform;
- Be a point of contact for end user services escalations and drive resolution;
- Provide assistance and maintenance related to desktop/infrastructure estate (incl. copy machines, audio/video conferencing systems, etc.);
- Participate in Schroders Global Technology projects, as requested;
- Work closely with Schroders Wintel, Network Engineers, and 3rd party support organizations in support of the Desktop platform;
- Execute various reports required for tracking department’s productivity;
- Keep infrastructure documentation up to date;
- Assist with Technology procurement and asset management;
- Be familiar with next-generation Desktop platforms;
- Provide web-design support to marketing/sales departments.
Required skills and experience
- Relevant working experience in a mission-critical environment; background in financial services or similar regulated industry would be a plus;
- The ability to create high quality documentation for Desktop platforms;
- Experienced in working on large Desktop transformation programs;
- Experience in Patch Management, with Windows client Migration and OS support;
- Advanced experience troubleshooting and optimizing VDI environments as well as physical;
- Good general knowledge in web-design concepts and developments (CMS WordPress and WIX, HTML presentation);
- Excellent verbal and writing communication in English.
Required technical skills
- Citrix (XenDesktop/XenApp 7.15+)
- Microsoft (Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server), Microsoft Group Policy, PowerShell and automation, SCCM 2012 R2+, App-V, Troubleshooting Memory dump / Application dump, Office365, Microsoft Azure)
- AppSense (Environment manager, Performance Manager, Application Manager)
- Other (AppSense, Global Protect, Thin Client technologies, VMware vSphere, Skype for Business, Sophos, Lumension)
Your personal profile
- User focused mindset;
- Positive attitude and capable of remaining calm and positive under pressure;
- A good communicator, able to work collaboratively in a global team;
- Willing to operate in a fast-changing environment and taking ownership of their work;
- Able to challenge the status quo and improve the overall user experience;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Comfortable to own and swiftly resolve level 4 technical issues for a global client base;
- An inquisitive thinker, with attention to detail.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe;
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter through our careers website https://www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/.
Deadline for application is 31 October 2021.