BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while aiming to provide attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested more than USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 215 million poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2020. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Tbilisi or Singapore as
Senior Investment Officer (Origination)- based Tbilisi or Singapore
Reporting to the Regional Director as member of the investment team, you will hold leadership responsibilities, manage client relationships and develop business opportunities in the Eurasia region.
- Maintain relationships with the current clients in the Eurasia Region and arrange new debt transactions to meet clients’ financing needs;
- Identify new financing opportunities with new clients and structure new transactions with the potential clients;
- Perform preliminary analysis and assess risk of existing and potential clients, perform initial due diligence as necessary, and develop loan structures to mitigate risks;
- Monitor performance of investees and perform monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual analytical reviews of credit risk and performance trends;
- Carry out research and monitor country risks in the countries with exposures to FIs, including, but not limited to macroeconomic, political, legal, regulatory, market and other risks.
- Support Regional Director in meeting business objectives, mentor local team of investment officers and develop processes and tools.
Required skills and experience
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in deal origination in a structured and/or leveraged finance. At least 5 years should be specifically in the Eurasia Region;
- Experience in developing and maintaining business relationships, creating new business opportunities with the existing and new professional networks and organizations;
- Experience in performing financial due diligences and/or risk assessments of banks and other financial institutions ;
- In addition, experience in microinsurance, climate insurance and/or climate finance is preferred
- Experience with assessing and negotiating debt investments;
Your personal profile
- Flexible, self-starter with ambition to excel, positive energy, commercial acumen and good business network;
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to identify and formulate critical issues, pragmatic approach to analysis of data, information and facts and capability to draw appropriate conclusions from the information available;
- High degree of responsibility and accountability;
- Willingness and ability to frequently undertake work related travel in the Region.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter.
Deadline for application is 27 September 2021.