BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while providing attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested more than USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 215mn poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2020.
Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich, Switzerland as
Office and Events Manager
- Performing general office management support as well as other administrative and staff support tasks, as required;
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies, liaising with external providers and suppliers;
- Planning and organizing social events in Switzerland, supporting regional offices in event organization as needed and organizing cross-office challenges and events;
- Creating new initiatives in the Zurich office;
- Supporting BlueOrchard’s external events;
- Support the HR team in selected initiatives and projects;
- Act as a cultural role model demonstrating the BlueOrchard spirit.
Required skills and experience
- Outstanding skills in relationship management and a good sense for pragmatic solutions;
- Excellent qualifications obtained during commercial apprenticeship or in Fachhochschule, preferably in business administration or HR;
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in office management, administration, event management or HR;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other commonly used office software applications;
- Ability to multitask and cope with the time pressure in demanding situations;
- Oral and written proficiency in English and German.
Your personal profile
- Well organized, trustworthy and hardworking, with ability to quickly contribute to a variety of tasks and meet deadlines;
- Self-starter with strong work ethics and positive energy;
- Proactive, result-driven, able to work in a fast-paced environment, flexible with “hands-on” approach and willingness to perform both technical and administrative tasks;
- Excellent team player with high service orientation;
- Valid Swiss work permit.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
Preferred starting date: 1 September 2021.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via our career website.
Deadline for application is 30 July 2021.