BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while providing attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested more than USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 215mn poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2020. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Tbilisi, Georgia as
Investment Execution and Legal Officer (1-year contract)
- Work closely with Blue Orchard Finance (BOF) investment officers, representatives of client financial institutions (FIs) as well as local legal counsel to oversee the development transactional agreements and coordinate execution of debt investments;
- Prepare deal documents in full compliance with all internal processes, the applicable laws and regulations and corporate requirements of BOF managed funds;
- Liaise with BOF investment officers, BOF legal department, and BOF credit product manager to develop and process amendments/waivers and other supplemental deal documents post-disbursement;
- Provide key support to the Legal and Execution Team in the day to day management of legal and transactional risk;
- This is a temporary position for up to one year with the possibility of conversion to a permanent placement based on performance and team requirements.
Required skills and experience
- Degree in law and at least 2 years professional experience;
- Experience in legal documentation of investment (debt) transactions is strongly preferred;
- Experience in banking and/or financial services is an advantage;
- Experience working with CRM/database platforms is an advantage;
- Total professional fluency in both written and spoken English is essential. Additionally, fluency in French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Your personal profile
- Strong ability to work autonomously, under tight deadlines and to interact at all levels of the company within BOF and within the investee FIs as well;
- Self-starter with desire and ability to learn quickly in a rewarding, but fast paced and challenging deal environment;
- Passionate about financial inclusion and the goals of impact investment.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
Preferred starting date: July 2021.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via our career website.
Deadline for application is 30.06.2021.