BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while providing attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions.
To date, BlueOrchard has invested more than USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 215mn poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2020.
Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Singapore as
Head of Origination/Asia
As the Head of Private Debt Origination Team in our Singapore office, you will hold leadership responsibilities and manage a large loan portfolio as well as client relationships with financial institutions in Asia (excluding Central Asia).
Your main responsibilities
- Manage a team of investment origination officers. Develop pipeline and execute deal flow to meet regional business plan targets and objectives;
- Maintain relationships with current investees in the Region and originate new debt transactions with these financial institutions to meet their financing needs;
- Identify new financing opportunities in financial sector with new potential investees and structure new transactions with those meeting risk and social performance requirements of BlueOrchard;
- Perform preliminary analysis and assess risk of existing and potential investees, perform initial due diligence as necessary, and develop appropriate loan structures to mitigate identified risks;
- Monitor performance of investees and perform monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual analytical reviews of credit risk and performance trends and follow-up with the investees as per BOF’s Credit Procedures and business practices;
- Carry out research and monitor country risks in the countries with exposures to investees, including, but not limited to macroeconomic, political, legal, regulatory, market and other risks;
- Support development of business processes and tools.
Your knowledge and experience
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in transaction origination in banking, microfinance, insurance and more broadly with financial sector companies. At least five (5) years of experience specifically in Asia;
- Experience and demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining business relationships, creating new business opportunities and developing and executing transaction pipeline;
- Experience in planning and executing due diligences and/or risk assessments of banks and other types financial institutions;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English;
- Experience in managing a team or a regional office;
- Post graduate degree in finance, business administration, economics, or related field.
Your personal profile
- Flexible, self-starter with good work ethics, positive energy and commercial acumen;
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to develop and nurture client relationships and develop and execute on business opportunities;
- Ability to identify and formulate critical issues, pragmatic approach to analysis of data, information and facts and capability to draw appropriate conclusions from the information available;
- Willingness and ability to frequently undertake work-related travel in the Region.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe;
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/.
Deadline for application is 15 May 2021.