BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while providing attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by the initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested more than USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 215mn poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2020. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Tbilisi, Georgia as
( i.e. Financial Management Role for Investment Fund's Operations)
As a member of the Operations Team, reporting to the Team Leader, you will perform middle/back office functions for our Investment Funds. This includes disbursement and administration of loan/equity/bond transactions, analysis and reconciliation of the Funds’ financial statements, supporting the regional investment teams regarding client transactions as well as reporting to investors and other stakeholders.
- Review/analysis/checking of Fund financial statements prepared by Fund accountants and validate for publishing/issuance;
- Ensure adequate reporting to investors and other stakeholders;
- Perform middle/back-office functions to ensure that the loan closing, disbursements of loans, and payments are in line with our internal procedures;
- Work closely with regional investment teams, providing support regarding loan administration, clients’ transactions and communication;
- Support the ongoing monitoring of the delegated functions and related third-party service providers (transfer agent, custodian banks, fund administrators, etc.);
- Perform key fund’s operations activities: derivatives execution, cash management and net asset value reconciliation.
Required skills and knowledge
- d party service providers (transfer agent, custodian banks, fund administrators, etc.);
- Perform key fund’s operations activities: derivatives execution, cash management and net asset value reconciliation
- At least 5 years of working experience in the finance-related department of a financial institution and/or external audit company (preferable). At least 2 years of managerial experience with staff responsibility (e.g. working as Senior in-charge);
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a focus in economics, finance, or accounting;
- A good overview of operational processes in outsourced services;
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to clearly structure content, processes and communication;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills using Excel and Word; VBA skill is a plus;
- Excellent written and spoken English, any other languages being a plus.
Your personal profile
- Team player with the ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to adapt and work within the challenges brought by different working time zones;
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to go the extra mile to achieve results in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Well organized, detail-oriented, reliable, trustworthy and hard-working;
- Reliable and committed;
- Passion to innovate and to be a leading contributor in impact investing.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe;
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
The deadline for application is 15 March 2021.