BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by the initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 7bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Tbilisi, Georgia as
Credit Risk-Monitoring Specialist
As a member of the global risk team, you will be assisting in the monitoring of country risks and the review of the borrowers’ performance across all funds managed by BlueOrchard. Furthermore, you will collaborate on the production of timely and highly relevant reports for distribution internally and externally, all in line with best industry practice.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Receive and verify monthly, quarterly and annual reports from borrowers;
- Approve reports for completeness of the information;
- Review and analyze financial performance and trends and inform line managers about any deviation from the standard covenant targets and acceptable performance guidelines;
- Liaise with borrowers to provide training for BlueOrchard’s online reporting tool;
- Monitor country risks on a global basis;
- In collaboration with supervisor and IT department, work on a project to improve the proprietary systems of data collection, monitoring and reporting
- Assist in country risk reporting through the monitoring of country risks on a global basis.
Supporting the maintenance of the credit risk management framework
- In collaboration with supervisors and the investment team, define a strategy for each borrower identified as “watch” or “monitor”;
- Assist in the preparation of covenant waivers and amendment requests as required, based on projections and discussion with borrowers;
- Assist in the preparation of provisioning recommendations using BlueOrchard’s methodologies.
- Support the production of relevant reports in a timely fashion using BlueOrchard’s proprietary tools, focused on performance trends and red flags;
- Assist in the preparation of reports for the Risk Committee on a monthly or more frequent basis;
- Assist in the preparation of other monitoring reports as required by BlueOrchard.
Portfolio and Investors Reporting:
- Contribute to the analysis of portfolios across funds and reporting to supervisors, portfolio managers and investors;
- Assist in the production of specialized Fund reports on a regular basis.
Required skills and experience
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in financial analysis or audit of financial institutions, experience in financial analysis of companies in other sectors is a plus;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint; knowledge of other financial analysis applications and design software programs is a plus;
- Prior exposure to credit risk management and/or financial due diligences;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English, knowledge of another regional language(s) is a plus;
- Degree in finance, business administration, economics, or related field.
Your personal profile
- Team player with the ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to adapt and work within the challenges brought by different working time zones;
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to go the extra mile to achieve results in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Well organized, detail-oriented, reliable, trustworthy and hard-working;
- Reliable and committed;
- Passion to innovate and to be a leading contributor in impact investing.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe;
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter through our careers website https://www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/.
The deadline for application is 28 February 2021.