BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by the initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 7bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Tbilisi, Georgia as
Operations Team Intern (up to 9-month contract)
As a member of the Operations Team, reporting to the Team Leader, you will perform middle/back-office functions for our Investment Funds. This includes disbursement and administration of loan/equity/bond transactions, supporting the regional investment teams regarding client transactions.
- Support Operations Team in performing middle/back-office functions to ensure that the loan closing, disbursements of loans, and payments are in line with our internal procedures;
- Work closely with regional investment teams, providing support regarding loan administration, clients’ transactions and communication;
- Support the ongoing monitoring of the delegated functions and related third-party service providers (transfer agent, custodian banks, fund administrators, etc.);
- Assist in reporting to investors and other stakeholders;
- Support team members in other daily operational tasks.
Required skills and experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a focus in economics, finance, or accounting;
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to clearly structure content, processes and communication;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills using Excel and Word; VBA skill is a plus;
- Excellent written and spoken English, any other languages being a plus.
Your personal profile
- Team player with ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to adapt and work within the challenges brought by different working time zones;
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to go the extra mile to achieve results in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Well organized, detail-oriented, reliable, trustworthy and hard- working;
- Reliable and committed;
- Passion to innovate and to be a leading contributor in impact investing.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
The deadline for application is 27.01.2021.