BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 7bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Tbilisi, Georgia as
Operations Officer (Financial/Reporting)
As a member of the Operations Team, reporting to the Team Leader, you will perform middle/back office functions for our Investment Funds. This includes disbursement and administration of loan/equity/bond transactions, supporting the regional investment teams regarding client transactions, analysis and reconciliation of the Funds’ financial statements as well as reporting to investors and other stakeholders.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Perform middle/back office functions to ensure that the loan closing, disbursements of loans, and payments are in line with our internal procedures;
- Work closely with regional investment teams, providing support regarding loan administration, clients’ transactions and communication;
- Support the ongoing monitoring of the delegated functions and related third party service providers (transfer agent, custodian banks, fund administrators, etc.);
- Perform key fund’s operations activities: derivatives execution, cash management and net asset value reconciliation;
- Review/analysis/checking of Fund financial statements prepared by Fund accountants and validate for publishing/issuance;
- Ensure adequate reporting to investors and other stakeholders.
Required skills and experience
- At least 3 years of working experience in a finance related department of a financial institution and/or external audit company (preferable);
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with focus in economics, finance or accounting;
- Good overview of operational processes in outsourced services;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Ability to clearly structure content, processes and communication;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills using Excel and Word; VBA skill is a plus;
- Excellent written and spoken English, any other languages being a plus.
Your personal profile
- Team player with ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to adapt and work within the challenges brought by different working time zones;
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to go the extra mile to achieve results in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Well organized, detail-oriented, reliable, trustworthy and hard-working;
- Reliable and committed;
- Passion to innovate and to be a leading contributor in impact investing.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe;
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter through our careers website https://www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/.
The deadline for application is 25 January 2021.