BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 7bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Lima, Peru as
Senior Credit Risk Specialist - LATAM
As a senior member of the Risk, Legal and Compliance (RLC) Team focused on debt finance risk management, you will report directly to the Chief Risk Officer & General Counsel and work closely with the senior global Credit Risk team in your oversight of the Latin American credit risk process:
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Assume primary day to day responsibility for oversight of the Credit Risk management function for BlueOrchard’s LATAM portfolio.
- Provide debt financing credit risk analysis in respect of transaction structuring and Credit Risk monitoring.
- Support the oversight and processes around problem credit analysis and management of workout scenarios in direct coordination with the Head of Special Situations, serving as a liaison between lenders groups, borrowers and the BlueOrchard management.
- Contribute and provide value added expertise towards the overall development and scaling of the RLC Team and Credit Risk functions within BlueOrchard.
- Serve as a member of the BlueOrchard Credit Committee, representing the RLC team on debt fund portfolio selection.
Required skills and experience
- University degree in finance, business or another relevant discipline with advanced degree preferable.
- Ten (10) years or more of direct credit risk and investment analysis and decision making experience.
- Preference for candidates certified in credit risk management and/or with graduate training in the subject.
- Experience as a member of a decision making credit committee/investment committee is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable deal making, negotiation and leadership skills in the context of debt financing risk management and problem credit management.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and the ability to translate concepts for data management into operational processes.
- Native or full professional level spoken and written Spanish and full professional level (or native) spoken and written English are a MUST.
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment and the ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast paced international environment.
- The ability and willingness to be part of a remote team with members around the world.
Your personal profile
- A desire to learn, take constructive direction and increasingly grow your level of responsibility.
- A self-starter with strong work ethics and positive energy.
- A person who thrives under pressure while maintaining a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- A team player, responsive, well organized and able to manage both daily tasks and longer term value added projects at the same time and on deadlines.
- Willing to work and live in Lima, Peru and capable of working autonomously with limited direct supervision (and potentially on a remote basis during COVID-19 related restrictions).
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change.
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development.
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter through our careers website https://www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/.
Deadline for application is 15 November 2020.