BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 7bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich, Switzerland as
Compliance Officer (50%)
In this position you will play a key role in the functions of the BlueOrchard Risk, Legal and Compliance Department, and will support the compliance and legal function in Switzerland and take primary responsibility for day to day compliance oversight.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Providing Compliance advice and support to the Business and Management in compliance related matters, in particular on regulatory and Compliance developments and trends, AML/KYC, Cross-border and Investment Management matters;
- Review of marketing material for compliance related considerations;
- Maintaining and updating BlueOrchard’s compliance program (incl. Compliance policies and procedures, Conflicts of Interest Register);
- Providing advice on policies and procedures and assisting employees in submitting quarterly and annual reports and addressing various Compliance requests;
- Conducting of Compliance monitoring activities, thematic reviews and risk assessments;
- Supporting the implementation of issues highlighted in external and internal audits, Compliance monitoring and regulatory reports;
- Preparing reporting to relevant regulators, the BlueOrchard Board, and Schroders Group Compliance.
- Interacting and serving as a point of contact for Swiss securities regulators (FINMA) and supporting the compliance operations as needed for the BlueOrchard management company in Luxembourg.
Required skills and experience
- Legal background or specialized experience in Asset Management compliance.
- At least 5 years working experience in Asset Management and/or Finance of which at least 3 years has been spent in a Compliance function.;
- Precise communication in English and German are essential.
Your personal profile
- A keen interest in the business of Asset Management and legal, regulatory and risk management environment in which it is conducted;
- Strong interpersonal skill with the ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with key stakeholders;
- Solid analytical skills with attention to details, and a structured approach to working and solving problems;
- Willingness to live and work in Switzerland (valid Swiss work permit).
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe;
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter through our careers website.
Deadline for application is 30 November 2020.