BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 6bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich, Switzerland as
Portfolio Manager/Credit Analyst–Fixed income
The Investment Solutions Team is responsible for the portfolio management of impact investment funds and mandates of BlueOrchard, including the emerging and frontier markets bonds, green bonds and impact bonds portfolio. We are now looking to add a Portfolio Manager/Credit Analyst to our growing practice.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Credit analysis of issuers in Emerging, Frontier & Green bond markets;
- Portfolio construction for a portfolio of emerging markets bonds, green bonds, impact bonds;
- Executing trades in a timely, accurate, controlled and cost-efficient manner;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with banks and intermediaries;
- Portfolio monitoring, reporting and analysis for internal and external requests, supporting business development, impact management and board level activities;
- Conducting various tasks related to portfolio analysis, including macro and market research;
- Supporting the development of new portfolio management tools and initiatives.
Required skills and experience
- 3-7 years’ of relevant experience in fixed income;
- Experience in performing credit analysis with a background in Emerging Markets (Asia preferable) or High Yield;
- Experience in credit trading with a focus on hard currency Emerging Markets or High Yield fixed income.
- Top academic credentials (MSc preferred), with emphasis on Finance, Economics, Mathematics or similar;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English, proficiency in other languages desirable;
- Strong quantitative & IT skills.
Your personal profile
- Ability to formulate independent opinions;
- Sincere interest in sustainability and social impact and emerging and frontier markets;
- Demonstrated self-starter with excellent work ethics and positive energy;
- Team player with a track record of work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to cope with pressure;
- High degree of responsibility and accountability, attention to detail;
- Willingness to live and work in Switzerland (valid Swiss work permit), ability to undertake occasional work related travel.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe;
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter through our careers website.
Deadline for application is 31 October 2020.