BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 6bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich, Switzerland as
In your role you are responsible for Finance matters across the organization, ensuring high-quality service.
- Responsible for the financial accounting process in Switzerland; verify financial information received from subsidiaries and service provides;
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the monthly and annual financial reporting; ensure a smooth consolidation process;
- Responsible for the annual budgeting and planning process; external audit, tax reportings and cash management;
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to assist in senior management decision making;
- Working on best practices to improve tools and processes;
- Develop and drive business initiatives that meet vital business needs and priorities.
Required skills and experience
- At least 4 years auditing, financial accounting and reporting or controlling experience; exposure to the financial industry and asset management would be a plus;
- Certified Public Accountant, Masters in Accounting/Finance or equivalent from an internationally recognized university or certification body;
- Profound expertise in IFRS and Swiss Code of Obligations accounting requirements, consolidation, VAT, payroll and tax accounting;
- Proficiency in German and English;
Your personal profile
- Ambitious self-starter with strong work ethics and positive energy;
- Excellent team player with high service orientation;
- Proactive, result-driven, flexible with “hands-on” approach;
- Entrepreneurial attitude;
- Passion to innovate and to be a leading contributor in impact investing.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter here or via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/ . Deadline for application is May 31, 2020.