BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 6bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich or Geneva Switzerland as
Reporting to the Head of Investment Legal, you will manage a broad portfolio of investment and corporate related legal risk and compliance matters.
- Work across teams and across units of the Risk Legal and Compliance group and provide expert advice on key issues of corporate and transactional risk and legal matters.
- Support the compliance function and interact with regulatory bodies as needed and the broader Schroders Group compliance function.
- Responsible for supporting the transactional documentation and execution processes and provide legal support to the risk function in connection with problem loan management and restructurings.
- Assist regionally based legal and investment officers with the production and execution of increasingly complex transactional documents.
- Support the Head of the Risk Legal and Compliance group in the development and implementation of quality assurance, process improvement and other initiatives to reduce risk and increase efficiency.
Required knowledge and experience
- Expert legal skills in respect of debt transactional structuring and documentation.
- Expert legal skills in respect of corporate and financial services issues.
- Expert legal drafting and interpretation skills.
- Strong capacity to communicate complex ideas to a range of internal and external audiences in a simple and clear manner.
- Knowledge of debt and structured finance products and the debt capital markets in general are a must.
- Knowledge of financial markets based on significant professional experience is a must.
- Knowledge of and experience working with debt restructuring and workout transactions are a major plus.
- Knowledge of emerging markets, trends in geopolitics and related issues is a must.
- Knowledge of the impact investment sector is strongly desired.
- Credit risk knowledge and analysis skills are an advantage.
- Experience within the banking/finance sector is a must.
- Experience drafting a range of complex transactional documents is a must.
Your Qualifications and skills
- Advanced degree in law required.
- 5-10 years of post-qualification experience in the practice of law with a focus on financial transactions.
- Impeccable English language skills both written and spoken
- Proficiency in Spanish is a must, any other European Languages (French/German/Italian) are an asset.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Other Desired skills include: experience in assessing complex corporate and capital structures; ability to interpret and work with documents from attorneys in a significant number of markets and to manage relationships both internally across teams and externally as may be required; demonstrated ability to prepare written analysis to support analytical judgment.
Your personal profile
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Excellent legal judgment with a strong sense of what is needed to get deals done.
- The ability to work both independently and in a collaborative cross-team environment.
- Ability to satisfy deadlines and multiple priorities while retaining attention to detail.
- Flexibility, sense of humour and enthusiasm for work in a demanding, high growth environment.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change.
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development.
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter either here or through our careers website www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/.
Deadline for application is 22nd February 2020.
Your application was submitted successfully.