BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 6bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Tbilisi, Georgia as
Intern Investment Team
As part of the Regional Investment Team, you will report to the Regional Manager of Eurasia, Tbilisi Office, and will provide support to the Investment Officers (IOs). Your primary responsibilities will include assistance to Investment Officers in developing and maintaining relationships with Financial Institutions (FIs), developing new business opportunities and developing investment proposals. In addition, you will also support BlueOrchard’s (BOF) operations and various internal and external reporting as needed.
Within a reasonable period of time, you are expected to learn and gain general understanding of BOF’s business model and business processes and acquire knowledge on appropriate application of BlueOrchard’s methodology. You will perform research and assist colleagues with risk analysis and reporting. You will gain a good understanding of BOF’s investees and financial markets in the Region and will apply such knowledge and professional skills to effectively support Investment Officers in meeting business objectives in the Region.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist IOs in communication with the financial institutions (FIs), BOF’s Offices worldwide and third parties
- Support in monitoring and analyzing Finance Institutions and independently perform investment-related tasks;
- Conduct desk research regarding country risk, regulatory and competitive environment of local investees as well as potential new markets;
- Support the investment team in portfolio analysis and investors reporting.
Required skills and Knowledge
- Excellent academic performance, preferably in finance, business administration, related field or a similar professional experience;
- Experience in financial modelling is preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills in Excel. VBA skill is a plus;
- Proficiency in English, fluency in Russian is desirable.
Your personal profile
- Team player with ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- Reliable and committed, self-starter with strong work ethics and positive energy;
- Excellent team player with high service orientation;
- Proactive, result-driven, flexible with “hands-on” approach and willingness to also perform administrative tasks.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter here or via our careers website. www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
Deadline for application is 20 February 2020.
Your application was submitted successfully.