BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 6bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich/Geneva, Switzerland or in Singapore as
Senior Investment Rating and Risk Specialist
You will be responsible for oversight of BlueOrchard’s current and future proprietary investment risk rating methodologies. You will work across the risk, portfolio management and investment teams to refine and further develop BlueOrchard’s rating tools for private debt and other emerging markets asset classes.
Reporting to the General Counsel and Head of Risk, you will have ownership of the rating methodologies and implementation thereof for BlueOrchard fund investments. The following key priorities will be on your agenda:
- Development of new and evaluation of current rating tools and methodologies and proposed improvements.
- Testing of investment risk rating process through development of risk models and default scenario analysis.
- Collaboration with the investment teams across asset classes to define investment risk and customize rating methodologies for a broadening range of products.
- Support the broader risk management function with credit risk assessments and inputs to the investment and portfolio management teams.
- Work with investment officers and portfolio managers to implement risk rating methodologies and provide training on current and new rating tools.
- Develop investor presentation materials in respect of rating methodologies and present as required to prospective fund investors on the subject.
Required knowledge and experience
- Experience in NRSRO risk rating methodologies and knowledge of how to apply them to a range of debt and potentially equity investment products is a must.
- Knowledge of financial markets based on significant professional experience is required.
- Knowledge of debt and structured finance products and the debt capital markets in general, as well as of emerging markets, trends in geopolitics and related issues are a must.
- Knowledge of the impact investment sector is strongly desired.
- Experience within a prominent rating agency (NRSRO) and in private debt credit analysis is a must.
- Experience working in emerging markets is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written analysis to support analytical judgment.
Your Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's degree required and Master's degree preferred.
- Totally fluent and highly skilled in written and spoken English (French, German, Spanish a plus).
- 7-10 years of experience in finance with a focus on credit risk analysis and investment rating.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced knowledge in Excel are a must.
- Other desirable skills: ability to assess complex corporate and capital structures; to interpret legal documents and work closely with legal department; demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior level executives (CEO, CCO, Board of Directors) and to manage relationships both internally across teams and externally as may be required.
Your personal profile
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative cross-team environment.
- Ability to satisfy deadlines and multiple priorities while retaining attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills are also desirable.
- Flexibility, sense of humour and enthusiasm for work in a demanding, high growth environment.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change.
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development.
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter through this link.
Deadline for application is 10 April 2020.