BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while providing attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions.
To date, BlueOrchard has invested more than USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 215mn poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2020. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich, Switzerland as
Intern – Blended Finance Impact Management (BFIM), (6 months)
Your main responsibilities
• Work independently on projects and manage stakeholder relationships;
• Perform ad-hoc analyses and research on requests from the BFIM team;
• Assist the team in the development of new impact/ESG tools, policies and procedures;
• Support the BFIM team with some administrative tasks.
• Support for preparation of the different funds’ Board presentations
• Assist the team in recurrent reporting to investors
Required skills and education
• Excellent academic performance in finance, business administration, economics or related field;
• Good financial analysis skills and demonstrated capacity to analyze data, prepare charts, reports and power point presentations as required;
• Ability to research independently new topics and prepare promptly position papers;
• Ability to multitask and cope with the time pressure in demanding situations;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: advanced level in excel and powerpoint;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in both verbal and written English.
• French or another language would be a plus.
Your personal profile
• Sincere interest in sustainability and social impact in emerging and frontier markets;
• Self-starter with strong work ethics, commitment and positive energy;
• Excellent team player with high service orientation;
• Proactive, result-driven, able to work in a fast paced environment, flexible with “hands-on” approach and willingness to perform both technical and administrative tasks;
• Flexibility in approach and willingness to assist other team members.
What we offer
Preferred start date: 1 June 2021
Deadline for applications: 17 May 2021
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter.
Your application was submitted successfully.