BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 6bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Singapore, Asia or Zurich Switzerland as
Private Equity Associate
In this role, you will support the origination and execution of private equity transactions with a focus on financial services in emerging and frontier markets. Based in Zurich or Singapore, you will work closely with BlueOrchard’s local investment teams around the globe.
- Conduct market research, screen potential targets and analyse potential investments, including financial analysis, structuring and valuation;
- Develop a thorough understanding of our markets and generate deal ideas in collaboration with the private equity team;
- Assist the senior team members in due diligence with financial analysis and financial modelling on transactions;
- Support the preparation of investment memos for the Investment Committee;
- Monitor transactions post investment, valuation and asset management activities.
Required skills and experience
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience with a leading firm in Private Equity or M&A advisory;
- Strong analytical and technical skills (including financial modelling);
- Previous experience in financial services or experience in emerging markets a plus;
- Graduate from a leading university or Business School; CFA a plus;
- Fluent in English, fluency in French or Spanish is a plus.
Your personal profile
- Proactive, high energy, self-confident and entrepreneurial mind-set;
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively and to take on responsibility quickly;
- Passion for Impact Investing and Emerging Markets.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via our Company website http://www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/.
Deadline for application is 30 May 2020.
Your application was submitted successfully.