BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 6bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich, Switzerland as
Intern Business Development
As part of the business development team, you will work closely with the Global Head of Business Development to support BlueOrchard’s growth strategy. The internship will be for 6 months starting from April 2020.
· Managing pre- and after-sale information flows;
· Create, enhance, and maintain sales material;
· Support the team in evaluation of new markets and investment solutions;
· Engage in client meetings together with the Head of Business Development and senior team members;
· Provide input for product development and investment solutions;
· Plan and organize marketing events for European capitals.
Your skills and experience
· Relevant experiences in a client-facing role in the investment management industry (exposure to impact investing appreciated);
· Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in business administration, economics or finance, CFA or CAIA is a plus;
· Event planning and organization experience, ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
· Superior communication and presentation skills in both English and German. French is considered a plus.
Your personal profile
· Self-starter with strong work ethics and positive energy;
· Proactive, result-driven, flexible with “hands-on” approach;
· Entrepreneurial attitude;
· Valid Swiss work permit.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/.
Deadline for application is 28 February 2020.
Your application was submitted successfully.