BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 6bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Sweden, Norway, Finland or Denmark as
Vice President Business Development – Nordics
Reporting to the Global Head of Business Development you will serve as overall business developer, account relationship manager and strategic business partner for new and established account(s) in your region.
You will be responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities within allocated account(s) to include developing and overseeing the sales strategy for assigned clients, managing the sales process and coordinating with other internal parties to ensure client satisfaction.
The focus will be on the Nordic countries and therefore the position is to be based in the region.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to BlueOrchard’s growth in supporting the company’s objectives;
- Develop and communicate in depth pipeline and account analysis and territory development;
- Achieve individual goals and support team goals;
- Work closely with the Global Head of Business Development to ensure continuity of messages to clients and provide guidance to team members to resolve client issues and questions;
- In conjunction with the Head of Business Development, develop and maintain a plan for the expansion of business in the respective accounts;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive business plan for all activities within your area of responsibility;
- Demonstrate cross functional collaboration with the other functions (i.e. Operations, Investment, Marketing & Communication);
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within accounts and develop deep knowledge of the account organizations;
- Identify and respond to client needs in order to define potential opportunities. Ensure appropriate strategy and solution is proposed to the client;
- Maintain high visibility within client organizations.
- Consistently proven sales and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work with other Senior Executives to facilitate joint customer development;
- Proactively attitude and drive to develop senior level business relationships;
- Responsive and strong customer focus;
- Convey information in a clear, concise, and accurate manner;
- Strong detail and result orientation and an ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent planning/organisational skills and ability to prioritise and multitask;
- Demonstrate professionalism and represent the Company in line with its Vision and Mission Statements;
- Display an open and flexible attitude, with a desire to support others and genuinely operate within a small structure;
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity in dealing with others. Work effectively with different types of people.
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and a higher level degree (Master or PhD, MBA) desirable in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or in a related field;
- Demonstrable competency (Min. 5 years experience) in sales or business development preferably for a Fund/Asset Manager or company providing services in the Finance/Investment industry;
- Proven track record of identifying and securing full service business in top tier accounts;
- Experience in developing new business opportunities;
- Analytical approach to business;
- Skilled in performing presentations and leading meetings;
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills;
- Good skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
Your personal profile
- A flexible and adaptable team player with a strong sense of fun and a positive, “can do” attitude;
- Creative and prepared to think outside the box; willing to take the initiative and to present solutions rather than problems;
- Thrives under pressure while maintaining a high level of personal and professional integrity;
- Clear desire and ambition for success, comfortable making decisions and prepared to make the personal commitment to ensure success.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/ or via this link.
Deadline for application is 30 June 2020.