BlueOrchard was founded in 2001 by initiative of the UN as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide and has since evolved into a leading global impact investment manager. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth while providing attractive returns for investors. Headquartered in Zurich, BlueOrchard has offices in Phnom Penh, Tbilisi, Lima, Nairobi, Luxembourg, Singapore and Geneva. To date, the company has invested over USD 6bn across 80 emerging and frontier markets, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Lima, Peru as
Regional Manager – Latin America
As head of the Lima investment office, you will hold leadership responsibilities and manage a large loan portfolio as well as client relationships with financial institutions in Latin America (Latam).
Your main responsibilities
- Manage a team of investment officers, including management of deal flow and pipeline development;
- Manage a portfolio of investees and develop new business opportunities across the continent;
- Perform analyses and assess risk of existing and potential clients, including due diligence, credit and country risk;
- Support the development of processes and tools.
Your knowledge and experience
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in banking, microfinance, insurance or economic development sectors; from which at least 5 years should be specifically in Latam;
- Experience in performing financial due diligences and/or risk assessments in large commercial banks;
- Experience with assessing and negotiating debt investments;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Spanish;
- Experience in managing a team or a regional office;
- Graduate degree in finance, business administration, economics, or related field.
Your personal profile
- Flexible, self-starter with good work ethics, positive energy and commercial acumen;
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- High degree of responsibility and accountability;
- Willingness to live in Lima and ability to frequently undertake work related travel in Latin America.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/. Deadline for application is October 31st, 2019.