BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 6bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Tbilisi, Georgia as:
Investment Execution and Legal Officer
- Work closely with Blue Orchard Finance (BOF) investment officers, representatives of client financial institutions (FIs) as well as local legal counsel to oversee the development transactional agreements and coordinate execution of debt investments;
- Prepare deal documents in full compliance with all internal processes, the applicable laws and regulations and corporate requirements of BOF managed funds;
- Liaise with BOF Investment Officers, BOF legal department, and BOF credit product manager to develop and process amendments/waivers and other supplemental deal documents post-disbursement;
- Support the ongoing monitoring, operational and legal functions of the investment team.
Required skills and experience
- Undergraduate university degree in law or finance or other relevant discipline and at least three 3 years professional experience;
- Meaningful and increasingly responsible experience working on debt financing transactions in relevant markets in either an analytical or legal capacity with strong knowledge of the legal/closing related elements of such transactions;
- Total professional fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
Your personal profile
- Strong ability to work autonomously, under tight deadlines and to interact at all levels of the company within BOF and within the investee FIs as well;
- Self-starter with desire and ability to learn quickly in a rewarding, but fast paced and challenging deal environment;
- Passionate about financial inclusion and the goals of impact investment.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
Deadline for application is March 31, 2020.