BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 6bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Lima, Peru as
Senior Investment Officer (Analytics)
As a member of the regional investment team, you will perform and lead the planning and undertaking of the on-site due diligence and prepare full investment proposals to assess the feasibility and completion of debt investment opportunities, in Latam.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Perform desk review and on-site analysis to assess risk of existing and potential clients for the Region;
- Plan, prepare and conduct due diligence visits, perform country and credit risk analysis;
- Mentor, support and work with the local team of investment officers, as well as contribute to the development of investment/ credit analysis processes and tools of the Company.
Required skills and experience
- 5-10 years of relevant working experience in banking as well as in deposit and non-deposit taking financial entities catering to SMEs and micro entrepreneurs with loans and tailor made products like leasing and factoring;
- Ideally at least 3 years of relevant working experience in the Region;
- Experience in performing financial due diligences and/or risk assessments on financial institutions;
- Experience with assessing debt investments and conducting detailed credit analysis;
- Excellent problem solving and presentation skills required to effectively manage internal and external communication;
- Excellent verbal and writing communication in English and Spanish, Portuguese would be a plus;
- Bachelor or Master Degree in finance, business administration, economics, or related field.
Your personal profile
- Flexible, highly analytical, self-starter with ambition to excel, detail oriented and a developed commercial acumen;
- High work ethic, capable of multitasking and producing high quality output within set deadlines;
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- High degree of responsibility and accountability.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe;
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter through our careers website https://www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/.
Deadline for application is 15 August 2020.